When the test results will be available
Approximate number of working days for tests ordered at surgery:
- Blood Tests – 2-6 working days unless otherwise advised
- X-Ray – 7-10 working days
- Urine Test – up to 7 working days
- Stool Test – up to 7 working days
- Ultrasound – Routine up to 2 weeks unless otherwise advised
For investigations ordered by a hospital doctor please ask at the hospital how they intend to relay the result to you.
Please note, we request that you do not assume that a result is normal if we do not contact you. The surgery will contact you if there is a significant problem with your results, but please contact us for all results as the GP may have made some suggestions or advice based on your results even if there is not a significant problem.