Sick notes

Sick notes are also known as sick certificates, fit notes or fitness to work certificates.  

You only need a doctor’s note if you are unable to work and are ill for longer than seven calendar days. Please only contact us for a sick note after seven days of illness. Follow this link to request a sick note through eConsult.

If you are ill for less than seven days you can complete a statement of sickness (SC2) form to ask your employer for statutory sick pay. Go to the website to find out more about asking your employer for statutory sick pay